Monday 3 June 2013

Hello, Tastefuls!

Been an exciting past month, with planning the Ontario Wine Fair and tasting/touring through East Germany and learning of Saxon wines!  The Goldriesling was the most interesting, a musque I'm told originated as a varietal from a cross of Riesling with Marechal Foch.  It, along with Rieslings that used barrel aging and even partial ferment and Pinot Noir were what was showcased.  The Goldrielsings tasted all had a common spicy aromatic, and all would do well for by-the-glass enjoyment.
Proliferous was Traminer, so my host made sure we sampled a bottle, which to my mind wasn't what he should be showing...well made but uninteresting besides the bright fruit aromatics...
Though suggested to enjoy the Pinot Noirs, my greatest red enjoyment was the Dornfelder, something I'd never enjoyed before, but the wine presented was deep red with rich colour and texture.  Generous fruit with a milder acidity made for an exercise in tasting exactly what I smelled; cherries and blackberries.
Feel free to pick my brain about what I tasted in more detail in person, as now I'm going to use this space to say that tickets are now on sale for the 6th Annual Ontario Wine Fair!

As this year I'm using a larger venue, we do not have to split the tasting into two windows and everyone gets to attend with their friends!  click on the Ontario Wine Fair Tab for details and tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment